through this period of celebrations that the people around me have showered me with. All the foodie treats, gifts, cakes, prayers n words of affirmation. I thought as I grew older I will be less looking forward to this time of the year, but I still somehow look forward cus this is the time where I will feel so intoxicated with love everywhere x'D I wouldn't want to compare the different measures of blessings I received over the years, because each of these years I will feel blessed and loved in different ways, and definitely unexpected in some ways too :D
This is my third year celebrating my birthday after I decided to go back to God, and I really feel so thankful and grateful how far God has brought me to where I am today. How He has moulded me through my downs, how He has blessed me with my ups, and how He has been with me through all my ups and downs xD
Browsing through my followuppers' whatsapp group from beginning till the end, and saw how God has blessed me with loads of encouragement and love from these ladies as well as how God has moved in my life during the first 6 months in Hope Sg. hahaha. Also saw how xc was so ke qi in the way she spoke to me till now the bu ke qi. xD I read the part when I was going to get water baptised... the process of communicating it to my mom and testing her waters were really really scary. and i was kinda shocked at myself now that I thought about it again, lol. Also saw how my mom has changed her perspective of me, from saying I wasn't mature enough to make such a decision...to her buying me a super valuable and invaluable cross necklace... omgosh. Did this just happen last year? haha things can really change so much in a year, and I'm really thankful for the fruitful years I've been living with God thus far :)
Also mentioned in the group before that I had a barrier to receive from people, when chloe n xc wanted to give me a treat for our last followup. hahaha. I remembered I was quite stubborn in receiving things/treats from people, and that I was very insistent also. Instead of thinking that God is blessing me through them and that they are also blessed by giving, I kept thinking I will feel very paiseh to receive and spending money on me. In fact I was taught that it also takes humility to receive, and I had some pride issues for not wanting to receive from people when offered. haha. I guessed after one year, my 'paiseh-ness' has largely transformed to become the feelings of 'touched' and 'blessed', thank God for allowing people to speak into my life :) many more things to work on with God!
Looking forward to teach and see what God has for me!! :D be it challenges or blessed times, I'm sure one year later I will look back thanking God for bringing me through!
I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will consider all your works and meditate on all your mighty deeds. Psalm 77:11-12
2 comments:
(: So blessed to be able to walk with you through that part of your journey with God!
Thanks for forgiving me for forgetting your birthday -.-" #facepalm #epicfail
I believe God has greater things in store for you as you continue on your journey with Him
Jiayouz with Him ^^
haaha its okie la chloe! hehe so blessed to have you followupping me n always so concerned abt me!n also thanks for being so intentionally putting in effort to connect me to church initially x) heheheh
Post a Comment