Monday, November 11, 2013

21.1km

I still can't believe that I really finished the 21.1km...in 3.7hours. hahaha xD To think back my JC days, I can only run continuously for 1km and I would stop and walk, thats why I always fail my 2.4-.- this time, though I still walked most of my second half, I managed to run continuously for 10km :) and many of the times during this stretch I focused on God to give me the joy and energy to run, and I just felt a sudden refreshing boost of energy being pumped into me, and my energy level felt like I was back when I first started running. Has been a great time of bonding and chatting with amanda x) haha

I realised the more I feel tired, the harder it is for me to focus on God because the tiredness can be much more overwhelming than my wanting to focus on God. I hope I can 'exercise' and 'strengthen' my faith during this last 2 months just like I exercise and strengthen my own physical body when I prepared for this race! :D

Certain things occurred during this race that allowed me to be firm in what I believe in: There was a part where we could just 'cut' across the grass patch and we can run much lesser than to run around to the other side. I was asked if we wanted to run across but I thank God my reaction was fast and firm and knew very well that I should not do that. God also gave me the wisdom on how to reply to the request and I thought it must be the HS guiding me since I don't think I'm able to respond such things so quickly. lol. I said then we will never cover 21.1km in reality so if we take the finishing medal we wouldn't feel as shiok cus we know the fact is that we didn't finish it ma.

God cares more about how we get there.

As we ran there were indicators along to indicate how much we've ran, and below will be a little message such as "It's too late to quit now that you've run this far!".. but one made me disagree with it... "Pain is temporary, but pride lasts forever". Pride doesn't last forever -.- and pride sounds negative to me when I first saw it. I believe working on things that may be painful in the process but are things that will last eternally in God's kingdom are what really matters, its just that these eternal things can be intangible on earth sometimes we think its hard to work on them.

All in all its a great experience :) but somehow my weight got heavier after that -,-? lol

No comments: