Monday, October 28, 2013

The kind of soil

2 years back when I was still in Brisbane, my ex-shepherd affirmed me again n again that I have good soil in my heart. At that moment I didn't quite know what exactly it meant but they just sounded encouraging and nice to me. It was only much later when I read in the Bible about the parable of the sower. As I read the different types of environment that the seed was being planted in, I knew I wasn't in the good soil category when I first received Christ. That was.. about 5 years ago.

I was a seed that fell along the path that is also abit rocky. haha! I did not fully understand the message that was preached, it did not hit my heart like its the truth. I did not have much roots because I was worried and troubled that my family may persecute me and afraid of how my friends may view me.

But God, the Father who first loved us and always loves us, He called me that I knew its definitely Him who was calling out for me, so clearly I didn't dare not to obey, so clearly that touched me to want to run into His arms and never to leave again.

The exchange in Brisbane gave me a direction and a purpose for me to head to when I was back in Singapore. A direction that changed my life, a purpose that gave me the courage to break through the emotional barriers within myself and stepping out of my comfort zones; the eager and yearning to get close to God and know Him more and more.

God can definitely change people's hearts, lifting the seeds that may be on paths or rocky grounds to soil that is good and reap 30,60 and 100 folds.

The life that is filled with a sense of fulfillment by living for God alone.

1 comment:

Chloe筱文 said...

Amen :)
So amazed at how He found you there ^^