People kept saying to cherish lives, cus life is unpredictable and you never know what will happen tomorrow. We know that theres only one life on earth and how will we choose to live it, its totally up to our freewill. God desires for us to do His will and fulfill our purpose here on earth, but how urgent and important do we view this matter is another concern. It didn't really hit me how life can be so fragile and unpredictable until when I heard someone I knew just passed on, someone that is my age. Though not a close friend, I've known him since primary school. He was truly a person that people respected. How do we want people to remember us when we leave this earth?
Chasing after things like wealth and power are said repeatedly that they are merely material, temporal and wouldn't last for eternal. It is true that they can only stay with us during our days on earth, and when we leave, we will leave with nothing. But why do most of us still somehow chase blindly after all these? To seek the acknowledgement of people around, get ourselves feel good because what we achieved is more n better than others in terms of the world, to be able to retire early with fat savings n live comfortably for the rest of our lifetime. Why just focus on this short life span when we can live for eternal? maybe cus we yearn to see tangible and immediate results that can satisfy us immensely, even if its a short period of time. We didn't want to work on something that is unseen and does not reap tangibly like how wealth can show its fruit. I guess the most important element here is faith, to believe and trust in God that He is sovereign and we will find the sense of fulfillment that can only be found in Him alone n not the things of this world. God told us to focus on things that are unseen which is eternal and not on things seen that are temporary. By the grace of God, we came to this earth with nothing, and all that we have are given by God, we are merely stewards of things entrusted to us, and we will leave this earth with nothing. Anyway we don't own anything in the first place, everything we have belongs to God, so even if He is to take away everything, we are just back to where we originally were. lol. How can we live to our fullest potential that God has created us to become...is just to be willing, to yearn to live for God, to offer ourselves as a living sacrifice..all these sounded so familar, and yet I may become immuned to these words because they are being repeated so often and they just didnt hit me like the truth.
Though I must admit I do not yet have the full heart to live courageously and give my all to God, I pray that my heart will grow to become more and more attached to God and grow my love for Him that I can put away all my human excuses to serve Him wholeheartedly; my fear of stepping out of comfort zones, fear of how people view me.
Ultimately, I know I only have one lifetime to fulfill my purpose God has for me on earth, to do things that will bring impact to His Kingdom that is eternal and not focus on things that will just be left behind on this earth. I guess I shouldn't view death to be a fearful thing, for if we choose to live our lives fully for God and when the time comes for us to go, we know that God has completed His work in our lives :)
No comments:
Post a Comment