Thursday, October 10, 2013

driving, chasing after things in my life

I was driving along a normal road on my way home just now, and a Mercedes cab was tailgating me very closely behind. And when I stopped at the traffic light, he went to stop right beside me. Subconsciously, I turned my head to look at his face, and saw him looking at me too. Then something struck me. One side of me really dislike the feeling of getting tailgated so closely behind me when I was already speeding on that road, dislike the feeling of someone staring at me and giving me the look like i blocked his path when he can overtake me easily. The other side of me thought, why should I even feel this way? What is there for me to gain, to 'win' this race of speeding past each other for the sake of temporary excitement and gratification? and to feel shiok just for that moment, and risk myself getting into accidents or things that I cannot imagine may happen.

I think life is somewhat similar to this concept. Chasing after things that are temporary, just to show that we can achieve something to show to people who can't do it, and gain that instant gratification, happiness that is shortlived, that is unassured, happiness that may cost us our values to do things in a way that may be unholy in God's eyes, just to achieve what we wanted. The real happiness can only be felt through God's love, His mercy and grace that is freely given to us through our faith in Jesus Christ. The love that is eternal, the love and joy that can be felt even in times where you may feel disadvantaged, at a loss, discouraged. I guess I should focus on eternal perspectives and look far beyond what I may be facing now, and trust in God's plans as He uncover my purpose of my life. We may be bogged down by the things in the world without even realising cus we may be too caught up in our worldly identities, gotta keep reminding ourselves our spiritual identities in Christ as well! :D

No comments: