Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Audit to credit for HopeSem

I took up this module in my church call Foundations of the New Testaments 1. Going as an audit student doesn't require me to do assignments or getting graded, whereas credit students have to do assignments n be graded. And the first line that the teacher said was that this would be mostly history, and to be honest, I really dislike history and I don't know if I am up to it to change into a credit student.

Many uncertainties and thoughts were running through my mind as I considered within that few minutes. What if I don't understand the texts? What if I can't finish my assignments on time? What if I can't deliver what they look for in my assignments? What if I can't commit once I start working? All the what-ifs. Just then I was being prompted, "YOU OF LITTLE FAITH". And also, what the teacher said was really true and inspiring. Two must-haves for a person to be growing spiritually: one must be responsive and be responsible to whatever God speaks to that person, and to understand and interpret God's Word correctly so that we won't misunderstand what God is trying to tell us. In other words it is essential we need to grow in the knowledge so as to apply it correctly into our lives, so that we know that these are God-inspired and not from elsewhere. I really yearn to understand God better so that I know what He desires for me to do and that I can discern His voice when He speaks to me.

Somehow the programmes sort of got me interested as well. Certificate of Pastoral Counselling, Certificate of Christian Leadership, Certificate of Christian Studies. I even had the thought of going into bible college one day.Well, one step at a time! At least I think I've taken the first step by converting into a credit student and see how committed I can be in this area of my spiritual life. :D

No comments: